We’re Hey Dhal! offering tasty, seasonal, vegetarian Indian street food.
Hey Dhal’s menu changes weekly and uses the best seasonal produce.
Recently we’ve been serving up delicious bowls of:
– chana dhal with spiced beetroot, mustard seeds and curry leaves
– coconut dhal with south Indian spiced sweet potato and kale
– cauliflower, coriander and ginger with moong dhal…
Our Hey Dhal! Vada Burger is a real winner too – spiced lentil patty, toasted bun, three different chutneys, koshumbir slaw.
And we also offer:
– Bhel Puri, the incredible Indian street food snack mixed up fresh to order
– Carrot and Beetroot Bondas – fresh and vibrant fritters served with a coconut and coriander chutney
In 2016 we’ve pitched up at markets all over London including Tottenham, Walthamstow, Highgate, Shoreditch, Acton, Woolwich…
We’ve also been further afield in the south east and south west for a number of music and food festivals.
You can find us at regular lunch time slots at Old Street, Paddington and Charing Cross.
And we also cater for private parties, weddings and one off events.
We trade from Claude, our fully fitted 1970s Renault Estafette van. He’s a real head turner!
You can find out more about Hey Dhal! and see photos of our food and set up at www.twitter.com/hey_dhal or www.facebook.com/heydhal